The AMGH Foundation works in partnership with the Alexandra Marine & General Hospital to ensure that quality health care is available to all residents of Huron County and neighbouring communities.
We’re very Proud of…
Our Standards Accreditation from Imagine Canada
In September 2014, the AMGH Foundation received Standards Accreditation from Imagine Canada. At that time, the Foundation was one of only 109 Canadian charities to hold the internationally-recognized designation.
The AMGH Foundation is proud to announce that following a thorough re-accreditation and peer-review process, we have received re-accreditation for another 5 years from 2019-2024.
How does your donation make a difference? We strive to be transparent with our finances so that you know exactly how your donations are used. Our finances are audited annually and the results are submitted to international charity monitoring organizations for review.
Our ICARE values
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors is comprised of volunteers who have strong roots in the community and are committed to the Foundation’s mission, vision and values. They bring a wealth of experience, insight, and passion to the work and direction of the Foundation.
AMGH FOUNDATION Board
Personal Financial Planner/Retired
Mary Beth Alexander
Manager, Human Resources for ONE CARE Home & Community Support Services
Media Sales Consultant
Relationship Manager, BMO
Occupational Health and Safety Nurse/Retired
AMGH FOUNDATION staff
- Oversee the operation and public trust of the AMGH Foundation.
- Articulate the mission and purpose of the AMGH Foundation’s goal to support the AMGH, and ensure that appropriate structures and resources are in place to facilitate its mandate.
- Ensure the fiscal stability of the AMGH Foundation and be accountable to donors and other stakeholders.
- Hire appropriate staff to manage and lead the operations of the AMGH Foundation.
- Actively participate in the fundraising process and be ambassadors of the AMGH Foundation and the Hospital in the community.
In order that the AMGH Foundation can fulfill its mandate and be accountable to the community, the following committees are active:
Shawn Lynn Chair
Brenda Teichert Vice Chair
Judy Cairncross Treasurer
Billie White Director
Judy Cairncross TREASURER
Bill Brittain community member
Dennis Schmidt community member
Dean Whalen community member
Fund Development Committee
Brenda Teichert Chair
Governance & Recruitment Committee
Mary Jane Bisset Chair
Mary Beth Alexander
Sandra Brown community member
Kristin Crane community member
Bruce Elliott community member
Contact the Board
To reach an AMGH Foundation Board member, please contact the Foundation office and the Board member will be informed.